What is JAMBIC?
JAMBIC originated from the Jamaica Business Development Centre (JBDC). It is a collaborative arrangement among various Public and Private Institutions that help Jamaican entrepreneurs get the correct and appropriate information, advice and support they need to build business.
The Montego Bay Chamber of Commerce and Industry was among a few selected to partner with the JBDC; the primary function of the Chamber is to foster an atmosphere whereby businesses are able to grow and develop in an increasingly competitive environment. It was in keeping with this spirit that the Montego Bay Chamber of Commerce and Industry has adopted JAMBIC to assist in the process of business creation and expansion.
What is JAMBIC’s motto?
Together We Strive To Help Your Business Survive.
What is the mission of JAMBIC?
The Jamaica Business Information Centre has been established with the sole purpose of providing the requisite information and assistance needed to ensure that micro, small & medium size enterprises are properly equipped to survive in an increasingly globalized world. The vast resources and networking available to consultants of JAMBIC provides for the most effective and efficient delivery of services to potential clients in one convenient location.
What are the objectives of JAMBIC?
- To stimulate avenues for wealth creation
- To assist in the process of business formation and expansion
- To nurture holistic development through seminars and workshops
- To increase awareness among entrepreneurs of the standards and regulations that affect the general business climate
- To develop and maintain a strong network between local business leaders and business associations, thus, enhancing the services provided to our customers
What services does JAMBIC offer?
JAMBIC provides free one-to-one professional consulting for business owners and entrepreneurs. Help available to you includes:
- Advice on operating challenges in your existing business
- Review of your business plan and strategies
- Guidance in starting your new business
- Advice on purchases of existing businesses
- Preparation of your loan request
- Financial analysis and budget development
- Seminars and Workshops
Representative: Mrs. Alicia Evans-Morris
Telephone: 876 952 6045-7
Toll free: 1 888 232 4351
Fax: 876 952 2784
Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Fridays 8:30a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Please call to make an appointment or drop in.
For further information, please visit: www.jbdc.net